Novas is committed to ensuring that all communications and dealings with the general public and our supporters are of the highest possible standards. We listen and respond to the views of the general public and our supporters so that we can continue to improve.
Novas welcomes both positive and negative feedback. Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- it is as easy as possible to make a complaint;
- we treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response;
- we treat it seriously whether it is made by telephone, letter, fax, email or in person;
- we deal with it quickly and politely;
- we respond accordingly – for example, with an explanation or an apology where we have got things wrong, and information on any action taken etc.;
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve, and manage them at Board level if required.
What Happens Next?
If you complain in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we will acknowledge your complaint within seven days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and provide a new deadline.
If You Have Feedback A Complaint – Step One
If you do have a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact Mark Vella, Head of Quality, Safety and Complaints and the organisation’s Complaint’s Officer in writing or by telephone.
Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond to you, providing relevant contact details.
Write to: Mark Vella, Complaints Officer, Novas Regional Office, The Abigail Women’s Centre, Kildonan Road, Finglas, Dublin 11.
What If The Complaint Is Not Resolved?
If you’re not happy with the response you receive, you may get in touch again by writing to the Company Secretary of Novas. The Company Secretary will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level and will respond within two weeks of this consideration by Board members.